There is work going on to get a walkway built along Inniscarra, from Rooves Bay near Coachford. This is primarily for the World Feeder Fishing Championships, but will be available for other festivals. This is 2.8km, which will provide a significant amenity for anglers in the area.
Apart from this location, there are many excellent locations for angling on Inniscarra.
The confirmed festivals, for 2014 are as follow:
- St Patricks weekend, there is a 3 day festival 15th - 17thMarch, E1,000 SPONSORSHIP !!
- Kathleen’s Shop Open, is a 1 day event on 24thMay, E100 sponsorship
- The Coachford Open, is a 3 day event from 25th– 27th May,
- The Rob Roy Festival is a 3 day event from 28th– 30th May, E500 sponsorship
- The Hogan’s Open is a 1 day event on 31stMay
- Open Match, a 1 day event on 1stJune
- The Ottwell Cup, is a FEEDER ONLY 3 day event, from 2nd– 4th June
- The O’Callaghan’s Cup is a 3 day event, from 5th– 7th June, and has E500 sponsorship
- The August Open is a 1 day event on 23rdAugust
- The Vinter Cup is a 3 day event from 24th– 26th August
- The Celtic Cup is a 3 day event from 27th– 29th August
- The Inniscarra Open is a 1 day event on 30thAugust
- The Guiness Cup is a 1 day event on 31stAugust, with E100 sponsorship
- THE LENNOX CUP – is a 3 day event, from 1st– 3rd September and has E1000 SPONSORSHIP !!
- The Coolcower Cup is a 3 day event from 4th– 6th September and had E250 in sponsorship
- The Granville Cup is a 3 day event from 7th– 9th September, with E500 in sponsorship
- The Hackett Cup is a 3 day event, from 10th– 12th September, with E250 in sponsorship
- THE SOUTH MUNSTER OPEN is a 3 day event from 25th– 27th October, with E1,000 SPONSORSHIP !!
The World Feeder Fishing Championship will be held 19th – 20th July !!
The venue will be closed for the week before this event.